Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!

Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!
Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner and entering code AMB-bee4a78d!

Monday, November 3, 2008

NYC Marathon!!!!

I woke up at 6:30 AM (Mountain Time) to get online to see the NYC Marathon! I got on line and could only get the sound and no picture! I was sooo irritated! Then my husband heard my frustation and got up and helped me (he went to another browser) and the race was on! I felt bad because I was so into the race I missed the first 2 meetings at church!


This race was an inspiration to all women Paula Radcliff won her 3rd NYC Marathon! It was so cute when she came across the finish line and ran right over and picked up her baby daughter. Sweet!

Ludmila Petrova from Russia came in second place. The inspirational part... she is 40 years old!!! You go girl!!!


I was so glad the Kara Goucher came in third. It was her first marathon and she was born in Queens! How great she must feel!



The mens race was great too. Marilson Gomes dos Santos reprised his 2006 victory with a comeback win over Abderrahim Goumri of Morocco, who was also second here last year. The 31-year-old Brazilian passed Goumri on Central Park South with about a half-mile remaining (that was sad to watch) and went on to a 24-second victory, 2:08:43 to 2:09:07.


I hope I can get in and be there in person next year!

No comments: