Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!

Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!
Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner and entering code AMB-bee4a78d!

Monday, November 10, 2008

Marathon Training Week 5- UAATA 5K!

This week I took a break from my longer runs to do the Utah Animal-Assisted Therapy Association 5K. It was a great race for a great cause and the best part was that everyone was encouraged to bring and/or run with their doggies!

Unfortunately, there are no photos of this event because I went to the event earlier than David so I could get checked in and warm up. David got there late and then he couldn't find me after the race! So no photos (WAAAAAAA!).

The race was great! it was held at Wheeler Farm and the course took you 2 laps through the cows, chickens and other farm animals. The weather was cool, but sunny which was perfect for running. My time was not a personal record but it wasn't too bad at 28:09. The best part was the free ice cream cones at the end of the race.

This is the last Saturday race I have planned for a while. It's time to focus on the longer mileage as I think I will run the Salt Lake Marathon as a training run and if I make it through that, I'll do the Ogden marathon a month later. Whew!

No comments: