Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!

Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!
Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner and entering code AMB-bee4a78d!

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Human Race 2008 Turkey Trot!

I started Thanksgiving this year by running in the Human Race 2008 Turkey Trot 5K. I was surprised how many people came out to run on such a rainy day. There were 1,898 runners and $29,683 was raised to benefit the Utah Food Bank and LDS Humanitarian Services!
The race was right by our house and went around a loop that I run quite often. It was pouring rain when I walked over to the start, but by the time the gun went off, the rain had stopped and it stayed dry until I entered the finish chute. The best part of the race is that I set a personal record, running the 5K in 26.31!
After the race I came home and made a delicious Thanksgiving dinner which we shared with our old roommate Fikre.

No comments: