Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!

Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!
Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner and entering code AMB-bee4a78d!

Monday, November 3, 2008

My Marathon Training Week 4!

Well, Saturday morning was so warm here I didn't need a jacket at 7:00 AM! Perfect running weather! We did 7 miles. I decided to really follow what the chart tells me to do. 2 weeks ago I did 10 miles (which was the longest I have run in 20 years) and felt fine, but it is really important to not increase to fast. I do not want to get hurt before the marathon due to pushing to hard. So if the chart says 7 miles, I will do 7 miles!
Saturday night Christi (our Galloway Group director) and Josh Hortsman put on a fabulous party in their home to kick off our season. It was great to get to know the other people in the group and see everybody's bling (everyone was encouraged to wear all the medals they earned running previous races/marathons). I wore my medal from the Heart Walk! There were others there with so many medals they could barely hold their neck up!
I look forward to training this week (I hope it doesn't snow). Daylight savings time is kind of a drag for me as I train when I get home from work. I usually have a good hour of daylight to run when I get home, but it looks like now I will be running in the dark! :(

No comments: