Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!

Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!
Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner and entering code AMB-bee4a78d!

Thursday, September 11, 2008

We Will Never Forget September 11, 2001

I can't believe it has been 7 years since the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center. I still feel anxious when I see footage on TV. This morning MSNBC was showing real time coverage from that day. It is still devastating to watch. Every American knows where they were that day, but for those of us in New York City, the horror and sadness of that day will be with us forever.

We will never forget the feeling of helplessness as we watched the events unfold literally before our eyes. We will never forget the men and women who lost their lives. We will never forget the brave men and women who worked around the clock to rescue those still trapped in the rubble and recover bodies of those killed. Especially the FDNY who climbed up the stairs of the towers as everyone else climbed down, We will never forget the smell of lower Manhattan, We will never forget how the city came together, helping each other in any way we could.

As I sat crying on the couch as I watched the MSNBC footage this morning, David asked me what I torture myself by reliving that day. I guess may answer to that is: so I never forget.

No comments: