Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!

Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!
Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner and entering code AMB-bee4a78d!

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

1st Annual Suncrest Mountain Race

On Saturday, September 13th, I took part in the 1st Annual Suncrest Mountain Race 5K. The race was held in Draper not to far from where we live. It was a beautiful morning as you can tell from the photos (not a cloud in the sky). The race was a killer! It started out downhill (which was great), but as we all know, what goes down must go up and that's exactly what happened! The next 2 miles was all uphill! Whew! The last part of the race finally was all downhill and I took advantage of that and really kicked it in to make up for time lost dying on the way up! My time was pretty good, but I am not sure how I placed overall.
UPDATE!! The race results were just posted and I am shocked and happy to report that I placed 1st in my age group!

Coming in for the finish (downhill thank goodness)!

The finish!

The best part of the race? The free massage after! That was worth the entry fee alone!

No comments: