Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!

Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!
Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner and entering code AMB-bee4a78d!

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Prayers for Miss Lillie and I Have a Black Eye!

Last night I got a call from my sister saying that my mom was being taken by ambulance to the hospital. She got a piece of meat stuck in her throat while eating dinner and couldn't breathe. Sh seemed to be OK, but the doctor wanted to keep her there overnight of observation. Thank goodness!

This morning my sister went there before work to check on her and while she was there, mom went into convulsions. Not sure if she was having another stroke or a seizure, she was rushed to the ICU for a cat scan. The cat scan showed no bleeding (thank goodness), but having a seizure is bad too (she has never had seizures before). She needs a MRI but she can't stay still and the doctor does not want to give her anything to knock her out. So now we wait.

I have been upset and crying over this and to make matters worse, my co-worker came into my office to check in with me and see if every thing was OK. I told her what I knew. Then in a concerned voice she asked, "Where did you get that black eye?" "What black eye?" I answered. Thinking that it was just cried on mascara, I took out my compact and sure enough, I have a black eye! I didn't have it when I came to work, but I think all the crying and wiping my eyes caused it. It is a good thing I didn't have it when I came in this morning or my co-workers would have thought I was getting beat!
Update: Mom is home from the hospital. She had a mini stroke which is common after a large stroke. I still worry, but I am thankful she is OK.

No comments: