Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!

Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!
Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner and entering code AMB-bee4a78d!

Monday, February 9, 2009

Marathon Training- Week 17!

So I am now convinced more than ever that my ITBS (knee trouble) is aggravated by two things:

1) To much up/down hill running and;

2) Freezing temperatures.

It was raining when I got to our groups meeting place but the temperature was not that cold so we all decided to brave the rain and run our scheduled 10 miles. Luckily the rain stopped shortly after we started. The temperature was good for running, about 35-40 degrees. I was the only one in my group there so I ran with the slower runners which was fine with me as I was testing my knee. Since the Emigration Canyon run last week, I only put in 5 miles on the treadmill. I wanted to make sure my knee was up to a long run, so I took it easy.

I did 10 miles with no knee pain. So for now, I will stay on flat terrain and run indoors if the temperature is below 30 degrees.

No comments: