Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!

Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!
Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner and entering code AMB-bee4a78d!

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

#121- The Utah Valley Marathon

This was the Utah Valley Marathon's 10th anniversary and thanks to 1-800 Contacts sponsoring my entry fee, this was my eighth time running, I was not here for their first year and I volunteered on their second year feeling pretty accomplished after running my second marathon. Heck, I thought I had this marathon thing figured out, but as I lined up eight years later for my 121st marathon, I know more now, but feel like I know less. 😆

1-800 Contacts even had our own packet pick-up!

The race weekend started on Friday night a VIP dinner celebrating those who have run the race all 10 years and runners inducted into the 150 Mile Club. It was wonderful to see my Maniac friends Sue Mantyla, John Bozung and Cathy Gridley there too!

Sue Mantyla and I with our 150 Mile Awards.

After the dinner I headed home and and was up at 2:30AM to drive back to Provo and catch the bus to the start!

Great to see Galen! I haven't seen him for ages!

I think Matt, Josh and I were the only 1-800 Contacts runners brave enough to tackle the 26.2! Everyone else did the 13.1 or the 10K!

I love me some Potty Mouth Polli! 

Matt and I were the only ones at the Maniac pic! LOL!

RD Hyrum Oaks is the coolest!

Let's get going! I have a plane to catch!

Hey! A bigger Maniac pic!

Yay! More Maniacs!

Time to go!

The course is stunning!

Ran into my pal John Bozung who was running with a group of firefighters. One of their own runs every year, but is battling cancer. John lost his step--son to cancer last year, so it hit close to home for him.


Bridal Veil Falls selfie!


Since I was running a double, I took it really easy and you know what, it was still hard! One thing I have learned running fast (BQ pace) and slow, each has it's own challenges. 


Running fast hurts like hell and my recovery takes longer, but it is so great to get done faster! Running slower means my legs feel great the next day, but being on my feet in the heat for an extra hour SUCKS and being out in the heat forever definitely was hard. Whether tortice  or hare, we are all runners!

At the finish! (Photo credit: Jorge Garcia)

Salty selfie!!

After the race, I raced home, grabbed a shower, and hit the airport to fly to Denver for the REVEL Rockies Marathon the next day! 

I have run the Utah Valley Marathon more than any other marathon. Why? Because it has everything you want in a race. Great organization, beautiful course, great swag (we got cool jackets this year) and an RD that really cares about the runners! Registration is open now at a great price, so why wait! You can register HERE

No comments: