Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!

Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!
Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner and entering code AMB-bee4a78d!

Thursday, January 7, 2016

500 Days of Streaking Bliss!

Yesterday I hit a huge milestone in my run streak. I have run at least one mile every day for 500 days! My goal for 2015 was to run 365 days but once I got there, I just kept going. Why not, it's a habit now.  

This week the founder of Facebook Mark Zuckerberg challenged Facebookers to run a year long streak of their own by running 1 mile a day this year. Some more experienced folks laughed at the goal of running 365 miles in a year. Let's face it, that isn't much of a challenge for us, but I can think back to 2008 and the day I decided to start running again. That one mile was not that easy and I was proud as hell when I ran 1 mile 4 days straight! 

Since then, I have reached goals I NEVER thought I was capable of achieving. We all start somewhere and my running streak is one main reason I was able to accomplish my goals. Like going to work and family time, it is important to make time for fitness, even if it is only one mile!

Streak on friends!! 

My friend Eric joined me for day #500!

1 comment:

Jessica I said...

Such a great post! We have all started from scratch at one point. It's those baby steps that we make to create a habit and then can snowball into great things. Thanks for the reminder. ;)