Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!

Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!
Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner and entering code AMB-bee4a78d!

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

My 2015 Year In Review!

As 2015 comes to a close, I like most people tend to look at the past year and reflect on both the good and the bad and make all sorts of resolutions on how I can make the next year better.

If you know me or follow this blog, you know that 2015 brought both the best and the worst for me. I am grateful for both as learning experiences, but would prefer not to feel as sad this year and really focus on what I can do to be happy, be a good friend, listen more, and help and inspire others. So in this look back at 2015, I will remember how hard I worked to reach my goals and how blessed I was to have such AMAZING people like all of you to push and inspire me to achieve every one of them.

Here are my highlights of 2015:


January started out with a bang! Not only did I love pacing at the Louisiana marathon, we had our first ever DOUBLE Marathon Maniac/Half Fanatic reunion at the Mississippi Blues and First Light marathons, where I ran my first sub 4:00 marathon! 

2015 Goal #1: Run A Sub 4:00 Marathon- CHECK

January prepared me for February and I ran my very first 50 mile trail race at the Rocky Raccoon 50!


2015 Goal #2: Run a 50 Mile Race- CHECK

March brought two rainy marathons, The Land Between The Lakes and the Georgia Marathon, where I got to do my second Maniac pacing gig of the year!


April brought an anniversary for me. On April 18th 2009, I ran my first marathon at the Salt Lake City Marathon. On April 18th, 2015, I was back pacing the 4:30 group!


May was life changing. On May 16th, in the freezing and pouring rain, I ran my very first Boston qualifier with a time of 3:44:08, just shy of 11 minutes under my qualifying time!


2015 Goal #3: Boston Qualify- CHECK

June brought me another Boston Qualifier and a first time podium worthy finish at the Utah Valley Marathon.


July was all about getting ready for another big goal (running a 100 miler), so I picked up 2 very hard races at Capitol Reef (the 50 miler that turned into a 50k) and The Full mOOn 50k.


August 24th, my name was added to the SRI/USRSA list after I completed another goal of running at least one mile everyday for 365 days. As of today, December 30th, my streak is at 493 days!


2015 Goal #4: Run Every Day For One Year- CHECK

Again, September was all about getting ready for the big double goal, but I did manage to grab another Boston Qualifier at the Big Cottonwood Marathon!


October was the biggest month of my life when it came to my running! In October, I ran my first 100 miler at the Arkansas Traveller 100 to complete 100 marathons/ultras!

One week later, we also had our first ever Maniac/Fanatic international reunion at the GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon in Victoria, BC where I was also pacing with my good friend Patti Krebsbach!

The last week in October, I ran my 5th Marine Corps Marathon, adding my name to the Runner's Club! No more lottery for me!


2015 Goal #5: Run A 100 Mile Race- CHECK

2015 Goal #6: Complete My 100 Marathon/Ultra Goal- CHECK

In November, a last minute decision to head back to the Williams Route 66 Marathon paid off in fun with over 2,000 Maniacs/Fanatics!


My last race for December was the  4th Annual Yeti Spaghetti Trail Marathon, put on by Jason green and the Yeti Trail Runners. It was great way to end the year!


My last goal of the year was to run 2,015 miles in 2015. As of today, I have run 2272.6 miles!

2015 Goal #7: Run 2,015 Miles In 2015- CHECK

I want to thank everyone that has supported me this year. I know it hasn't always been easy. I can't tell you how much I have appreciated every message, email, kind comment or call. You all kept me moving forward this year. THANK YOU!

I want to give a special THANK YOU to my twin, Angel who always is there for me and kicks me in the butt when I get down and to Rob Benson. Rob is not a runner, but he sat for months, eyes glazed over as my life revolved around running. He did his best to support me on this crazy journey. Even though it was not enough for him, I am blessed that he still supports me as my friend. I love you both.

It is my wish that we all have a great 2016 full of love, happiness, extra cash, PR's and BQ's! Happy New Year my friends!


1 comment:

David said...

Lots of firsts this year. When it rains, it pours.