Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!

Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!
Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner and entering code AMB-bee4a78d!

Monday, June 17, 2013

The American Fork Half Marathon!

I usually don't include my half marathons in my blog, only because I barely have time to keep up with my marathons, but since I finally broke 2 hours in the half, I had to give it a mention!
 
The AF Half Marathon is AWESOME! It runs down American Fork Canyon for about 7 miles then flattens out. I tried to keep the 1:55 pacer in my sights and surprised myself when the 2:00 pacer never caught me!!
 
Cute Galloway Girls and I at the Start!
 
They doubled the size of the race this year, so the start was pretty crowded!
 


This is what a Half Marathon PR looks like!
 
Speedy Sue also ran a PR! Way to go Sue!
 
Another reason to love this race? Kneader's french toast at the finish=HEAVEN!!
 
Yeah, I am pretty proud of that!
 
Not only is this a great race, it is supporting a great cause. The American Fork Canyon Half Marathon and 5K is helping local neighbors who need financial assistance to pay for the cost of cancer treatments. The Cancer Centers at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center and American Fork Hospital, in partnership with the Utah Valley Healthcare Foundation, donate 100 percent of the proceeds from the race to this cause. If you would like to help, click here: https://intermountainhealthcare.org/communitysupport/giving/utah-valley-healthcare-foundation/Pages/donate-now-ssl.aspx

No comments: