Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!

Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!
Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner and entering code AMB-bee4a78d!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I Surrender Salt Lake City Marathon!

OK- The Salt Lake City Marathon was not on my to-do list this year for two reasons. First: It was my first marathon last year and out of all of the Utah marathons, this one is the least scenic of them all. Running through neighborhoods and downtown SLC is not my idea of scenic when Provo Canyon, Ogden Canyon and St. George are so close. Second: I am running the the Tacoma City Marathon on May 2nd (Marathon Maniac reunion- whoo hoo!) and wanted to be "fresh" for that.

I was intending to run the 1/2 just for fun, until I started looking at my Marathon Maniac stats. I only have one star (the lowest level Maniac) even though I have run 7 marathons in less than a year. Looking over the info, I realized that I could get that second star by completing 8 marathons in 365 days. I called my friend Teresa (who is in the same boat) and filled her in. "We are only 1 marathon short of our second star, but we only have until April 18th to complete it!" Darn!

With this years marathon falling on April 17th, we bit the bullet and today I paid $100 for a race I find not so scenic (nothing like waiting until the last minute) so that we could covet that second Maniac star by one day! So Salt Lake City Marathon, I am waiving the white flag! You got me!

No comments: