Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!

Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!
Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner and entering code AMB-bee4a78d!

Friday, April 9, 2010

Hi, My Name is Angie and I am a Marathonaholic!

I have a problem. So Wednesday, I am waiting on pins and needles for the NYC Marathon Lottery to take place. I ran NYC last year and had the time of my life. I really wanted to get in this year too, that is until I looked at my credit card bill. Now one of my New Years resolutions was to pay off my credit card. Then my little dog Zoe got sick and the cash earmarked for the credit card went to the vet instead. Anywhoo, while waiting to hear my NYC fate, part of me was hoping NOT to get in as that would result in another $190 added to the credit card!

At 10:30am (mountain time) I logged on to the NYRR website to see my fate: Entrant #460203= Not Accepted! OH NO/WHEW!!! I was happy and mad at the same time! It's OK if I can't really afford to do it, but don't you tell me I can't do it!! After the initial shock of not doing NYC this year wore off, I tried to console myself with thoughts of saving money and counting the numerous marathons I have done and/or have on my list for this year. Let's see: In February, I did the Surf City Marahton, in March, I did the LA Marathon, on April 17th I will do the Salt Lake City Marathon, then in May the Tacoma City Marathon, in June, the Casper Marathon, in July the Missoula Marathon, in September, the Top of Utah Marathon and on October 2nd, the St. George Marathon!

One of sound mind might be content with a list of races like that to look forward to and called it a day,but like I said earlier, I have a problem. How DARE NYC not let ME into their race this year! I was a tax paying New Yorker for over 15 years and this is the thanks I get?

Instead of licking my wounds quitetly, I fought back in the only way I know how, I signed up for the MARINE CORPS MARATHON on Oct. 31st!! OO-RAH!! So much for saving money! I hope I don't have to turn to selling drugs to support my running habit!

1 comment:

Liz said...

You are awesome.