Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!

Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!
Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner and entering code AMB-bee4a78d!

Friday, April 17, 2009

Tomorrow I Run My First Marathon!!!

Yikes!! I decided (after talking with the race staff) not to do the early start. Since my sister is doing the 1/2, she and I will start and run the first 6-7 miles together with my group before the course splits off.

Today I am trying to keep healing/positive thoughts in my head. I came across this and could not get anymore inspired.

READ THIS BRIEF STORY BEFORE WATCHING THE SHORT VIDEO: A son asked his father, 'Dad, will you take part in a marathon with me?' The father who, despite having a heart condition, says 'Yes'. They went on to complete the marathon together. Father and son went on to join other marathons, the father always saying 'Yes' to his son's request of going through the race together. One day, the son asked his father, 'Dad, let's join the Ironman together.' To which, his father said 'Yes' too. For those who don't know, Ironman is the toughest triathlon ever. The race encompasses three endurance events of a 2.4 mile (3.86kilometer)ocean swim, followed by a 112 mile (180.2 kilometer bike ride, and ending with a 26.2 mile (42.195 kilometer) marathon along the coast of the Big Island, Hawaii. Father and son went on to complete the race together.

http://www.tangle.com/view_video.php?viewkey=8cf08faca5dd9ea45513

No comments: