Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!

Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!
Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner and entering code AMB-bee4a78d!

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

26.2 It Is (I Think)!

Well after Saturday's run, I have decided to go ahead and attempt to run the Salt Lake City Marathon on Saturday. My knees felt great on Saturday and I have been good about keeping up with my icing and exercises.

My came to my decision like this:

1) I already paid for the full.

2) I must get a 20+ mile run in before San Diego and I would rather do it with 12,000 people than alone.

3) SLC offers the option of an early start so I can slow down, walk or stop and stretch if I need to without the pressure of exceeding the 6 hour time limit (I hope to finish in 5 hours if everything is OK, but if my knees act up, I might have to crawl in and the extra hour will be helpful).

4) My sister is flying all the way from Atlanta to see me do my first marathon.

5) Pride

Pray for me!!

1 comment:

Mary Elizabeth Liberty said...

I'm so proud of you Angie, will definitely send up prayers on your behalf.