Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!

Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!
Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner and entering code AMB-bee4a78d!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My 1st 1/2 Marathon!!!

On January 18th 35,000 runners were in Phoenix, AZ to run in the 6th Annual Rock & Roll Marathon and 1/2 Marathon and I was one of them! I ran my first 1/2 Marathon and what a blast I had! I was worried about my knee holding up, but with a little warming up and a lot of praying, I ran 13 miles fairly pain free!
This was the start from where I was. I couldn't see where the people stopped and there were thousands of people in front of me!

This photo was taken a few miles into the race.

You can't have a Rock & Roll Marathon without the King (or two)!

There were over 40 cheer squads along the course to keep us motivated!

The crowd support was GREAT! I loved this guy's sign! Notice the band rocking out in the background. There was a live band every mile! I didn't even bother taking my ipod.


My goal was to finish in 2:30. I finished in 2:20.58! I was so happy!

This is the awesome bling I got! this thing is 1/4 thick!
I am hooked! I pray I stay healthy enough to do this again next year! Next up, the Salt Lake City Marathon!

No comments: