Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!

Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!
Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner and entering code AMB-bee4a78d!

Saturday, October 11, 2008

My Official Marathon Training Begins!- Week 1

Today I began my official Marathon training! I have been running a lot of 5Ks but I really want to take on the Marathon. I joined the Galloway running group (a training group my sister used to train and run 12 marathons and I found a chapter here in Salt Lake).

Since today was my first day out, I was a little nervous. They are in the last weeks of their "season" and they don't officially start up again until next month, but they told me I could come early if I wanted since they finished the St. George Marathon last weekend and would be running short distances.

The most I have been running is a 5k, but I do run every other day. When they told me that the training run was 7 miles, I wasn't sure if I could do it, but I did! 7 Miles! And it wasn't as hard as I thought. I am totally motivated to take on this challenge!

No comments: