Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!

Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!
Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner and entering code AMB-bee4a78d!

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

New York City Marathon, Here I Come!!



As many of you know, out of all the races I have done, if I had to pick my all time favorite road marathon, the New York City Marathon still tops the list. I loved Boston, but there is nothing like running the 5 boroughs! The excitement in the city on marathon weekend is electric. There is no place like New York City!

I can't tell you how happy, grateful and excited I was to be invited to run this year. One reason is that I will sharing my NYC experience with my boyfriend Bart! He is not only working, but he will be running and guiding a 16 year old boy named Godfrey. Godfrey is from the Ethembeni School in South Africa. This is a school is for physically disabled and visually impaired children. Godfrey is blind, so Bart will be his eyes for the whole 26.2 miles. I can't tell you how much I love this! What a guy right?!

Running the NYC  Marathon twice before (2009 and 2013), I can't help but wonder how amazing Godfrey will feel as he hears the crowds of NYC cheering for him. Bart has his fans too, so it will be pretty amazing for both of them and inspiring for the rest of us!

I will also get to see my twin Angel there! My sister is not running but she works for Team Challenge (the marathon, half marathon and triathlon training program benefiting the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America) and will she be their with their team!

While I am not running for charity, both the Ethembeni School and Team Challege would be more than happy to take any donations. If you have a spare buck or two, these are two really worthy causes! 

To donate to the Ethembeni School, click here.

To donate or to join Team Challenge, click here.

I can't wait to run through the streets of NYC again and do it with my favorite people! It is soooo exciting!


No comments: