Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!

Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!
Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner and entering code AMB-bee4a78d!

Sunday, July 20, 2014

The Hobbler Half Marathon

I do very few half marathons, but when I saw a Groupon for the Hobbler Half making the entry fee only $35, I could no pass it up.

I had run this race a couple of years ago as a pacer, and loved it then. This year I ran as a participant and would try to go for a sub 2:00 half.

I was up at 3:00am for the drive to Centerville. When I got there I saw my friend Teota and her boyfriend and we hit the bus to the start.

 Getting ready to start!
 


 I settled in with the 2:00 pace group.
 
Once we got to the start, I headed to the port-a-potty, talked to a few other friends and made my way to start. I settled in with the 2:00 group and thought i would stay with them as long as I could.
 
Before I knew the gun went off and we were of and running.
 
Taking photos without stopping is tough!
 
I was feeling pretty good and having no problem staying with the pacers. The course was filled with rolling hills which was nice. What we run up, we also ran down.
 
At around mile 10 I was feeling good and I left the pacers and headed to the finish.



I was pretty happy with my result!


It was fun to see my friend Gary at the finish!

It was nice to see these ladies at the finish. We look like a bunch of Skittles!
 
The Hobbler Half Marathon is a great race and I would recommend it to anyone. Did I mention the french toast at the finish! So worth running 13.1 miles for! :-)
 
 

No comments: