Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!

Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner!
Save 15% when you purchase by clicking on this banner and entering code AMB-bee4a78d!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

How Have I Missed The Porter Rockwell/Draper Canal Trail? My New Favorite Place to Run in Draper!

I have lived in Draper for two years and little did I know there is a great running trail less than 2 miles from my house! I had heard of the Porter Rockwell Trail, but thought it was further away. Looking for a different place for our group to run, I asked a few of our Draper-ites about it. When I found out it was so close, I was shocked that I had never run there before. Right away I got on Google maps and mapped out a 6 mile loop!

After a week of no running due to my sore knee, last Friday, I decided to take my bike out for a spin. I wanted to see how my sore knee held up and I also wanted to ride the loop to make sure it was OK for the group to run on Saturday. It was great! I had an awesome 10.6 mile ride and my knee felt great.

The next day, I met the group and ran the 6 mile loop with no problem! YAY!! I decided to still take it somewhat easy this week, just to make sure everything is OK and avoid aggravating anything.

On Sunday, I told David about the trial and he and I took Toby and Zoe (our dogs) for a 3 mile walk on the trail. He really liked it too!

Yesterday, David and I took the bikes out and rode to the trail again for a nice 10 mile ride.

I think I may just head over there tonight for a run!

No comments: